In the bathroom have a clean shower mat is so important. A slippery mat in a bathroom can be a reason for any accident. Even this is an obstacle to confirm the healthy environment of the bathroom. At the same time, airborne germs can invade, your family life if you have an unhealthy bathroom. That’s why it is important to know how to clean shower mat properly. Yes, this session is going to all bout a clean bathroom mat. Even some of the important tips will also explain below with easy steps.
How to Clean Shower mat Easy but Properly
By regular use of a shower mat, it becomes the Sanctuary of germs. So only cleaning is not the solution here. You have to ensure that, it is germs free as well as. Require equipment to cleaning the germs and stains from mat are here.
Require Equipment to Clean Shower mat
- Certified chlorine bleach will be needed for making a germs cleaning solution.
- Regular detergent powder for cleaning stain and
- All-Purpose Power Scrubber Cleaning Kit for cleaning up to bottom and inside of the hole of the mat.
- And a bathtub to contain the shower mat for Disinfection.
May check: How to clean yoga mat
Shower mat Cleaning Within easy steps
Step 1: Prepare a cleaning solution
First of all, you have to prepare a cleaning solution in a bathtub. If you don’t have a tub, then you can get any large bowl as an alternative. You can put 250 mL of chlorine bleach for every 20 liters of water. If you want you can include hot water with it. But extremely hot water is not accepted here.
Step 2: Disinfection the mat
Bleach water is not good for the necked hand. Even you should keep protection for the eye. After ensure the protection soak the shower mat in water for 10-12 minutes. Soak it again and again. If you want then you can stir it with a stick. After washing in bleach will make sure that it is in the safe level on germs.
Then pick the mat on another bowl and sieve all the bleach water from it. You can use a push shower on it to make it completely bleach water-free. Until you make sure that it is bleach-free, you should not touch it with necked hands.
Step 3: Stain Removing
Now time to remove all the stain and alga. You need an All-Purpose Power Scrubber Cleaning Kit and detergent. Either hand brush is not enough to clean inside of the hole. You will have a cleaning head which is suitable for inside of the hole in the all-purpose cleaning kit. Clean all the satin and alga from the mat by using detergent and kit. And finally put more water on it to remove the stain, algal, and detergent.
Step 4: Drying on the Proper way
After over the cleaning you have to ensure the drying. I prefer to hang the bathmat on the sub. Either you can set in on the chair. It does not need 40 minutes to 1 hour for drying.
Things should Notice During shower mat Cleaning
- Baking soda is a really good thing to clean the stain. As ration 1:3 of baking soda and water, you can make a cleaning solution. You can take it as the alternative of detergent.
- If you have a bathmat what are uncleansed from many months and has deep stain, then use the dishwasher. This is good to clean the old hard stain of the rubber mat. Even sometimes it works better detergent.
- During working with chlorine bleach, you should keep safe. Goggles and Cleaning gloves are suggested for your safety. Because of chlorine bleach highly alkaline what is not good for skin and eyes.
- The chlorine bleach solution makes air heavy. Even its alkalize can spread on air. For safety issues, you should keep the ventilation system in your bathroom. Keep all the possible doors and windows open.
Enjoy Video How to Wash Shower Mat
I know some people who do not use the shower mat. This is not a good practice at all. To have a proper bath you should keep a mat in the bathroom and clean it. Each day when you have a shower in the bathroom, the shower mat soak with soapy and dirty water. That’s why it become dirty soon. It will be fine if you clean a mat once in a month. And of course, after cleaning avoid the dryer to dry the mat.